About this Policy
We recognise that your privacy is very important and we are committed to protecting your personal information provided by you to us. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which cover the use and management of your personal information.We may amend this policy from time to time to ensure it remains current. We recommend that you check our website regularly for changes to this policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect and hold personal information about our applicants and potential applicants for our products and services, our customers and business partners. The type of personal information we collect and hold may include but is not limited to:
- identity details such as your name, address, and date of birth.
- contact information such as phone numbers, email addresses and digital handles.
- employment and income information.
- financial information and transactions.
- health information relevant to your products.
- lifestyle information relevant to your products and
- interactions such as those with us, our website or any other communication platforms.
When we act as a credit provider, we participate in the credit reporting system and collect information relating to your credit activities. The type of credit information we collect is explained in the ‘How we participate in the credit reporting system’ section of this policy.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where reasonable and practical we will collect your personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from credit reporting bodies, finance brokers and other people such as accountants, lawyers and referees.
Why do we collect personal information?
- assessing applications for products and services offered by us.
- managing, varying or enforcing products offered by us.
- letting you know about products and services offered by us or by an organisation that we are associated with that might interest you or meet your financial or insurance needs.
- complying with our legislative or regulatory requirements including but not limited to our requirement to verify your identity.
- research and product development; and.
- any purpose related to those other purposes.
In some circumstances we may collect sensitive information about you and your family, for example if you are in default under a loan agreement with us due to ill-health or if you apply for an insurance product. We will only collect personal information from you that is necessary to one or more of our functions and activities.
We will only collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means, without being unreasonably intrusive, such as when you complete an application form or respond to some other communication relating to the management of your relationship with us.
In most cases, it is necessary for us to identify you so that we can provide our products and services. However, if it is lawful and practicable, you may have the option of not providing us with your identity information such as in certain instances relating to general enquiries about products or services.
Once we collect your personal information we will take steps to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. Your information will be securely stored in hard copy documents and electronically on our servers and databases as well on the servers and databases of third parties who provide services to us.